Sunday 27 January 2008

My Tour Around London

January 11, 2008

After work, we went to Barnes Station to get a train to Westminster. I thought it might be helpful to get a train map but my carer said that was the wrong direction. We were not going to the tennis matches in Wimbledon because they were in Southwest London. Instead we were going East on the train from Barnes. Oops. At least I was trying to be helpful.



When the train arrived, she let me press the button to open the door.



We sat in First Class and stayed on the train until we reached Vauxhall Station. I liked the tables on the train because I can sit there and stare out the winow.

Then we transfered to bus 77 to go see some sights around where my carer lives. We walked along the Thames on Embankment and then I sat on the wall to take a picture of myself with Big Ben, the clock on Parliament.



It was really neat to see all the boats go by too. I am glad I had my hat and my scarf on today because it was really, really cold and windy. When we reached Westminster Bridge I saw this really neat open top bus. I begged and begged to ride on it, but my carer said it was not a good day to be on that bus. It was too cold and it looked like it might rain anytime now. We had to see the area quickly before I got all wet.



We then walked across the bridge to get a closer view of Big Ben and my carer took a picture of the London Eye with me in it. She told me that I'd have to come back when it was sunny, and then we could go on the London Eye. Cloudy days make for a horrid view apparently. I didn't mind so much as there was so much to see already!



After that it started to rain and I was getting hungry and so my carer took me home where Molly was waiting to snuggle with me too.