Monday 5 September 2011

Wedding Bells

I have had a very exciting couple of weeks and Karen and Jon have been very very busy so I haven't had much time to get on the computer to update my blog.

I arrived in Carmarthen in South West Wales just in time to help Karen with the last minute preparations on the run up to their wedding on the 27th August. It was a very exciting time. One of my first jobs was helping to make the favours



I made two new friends, Poodle and Ted who live with Karen and Jon



We went on a walk around the local area and I saw this huge monument



I couldn't pronounce some of the words on the signs though




I had a sneaky peek at the rings before the wedding rehearsal on the Friday night when I gave them to the best man




We went to the church for the rehearsal and there were more words I didn't understand on those signs too



I made another new friend at the church, he is called Cosmo the Christ Church Cat and Canon Patrick has written books about the mischief he gets up to in the Church.



Then it was Saturday morning and the day of the wedding. Karen was in such a rush she forgot to take me to the hair dresser with her so whilst she was out I tried on her veil for size but it was a bit big



I even had a really really good look at her dress



I had some very important jobs to do during the wedding. I helped Karen carry her flowers and looked after them during the ceremony for her



She had some very famous wedding guests in the chuch



I had the best view ever for the cutting of the wedding cake at the drinks reception after the service




And the best seat in the house for the reception too!!!



It was a very busy and tiring day so Karen let her children take me home early to bed whilst they stayed up very very late celebrating

The children (and some adults) made some fantastic models with the plasticine Karen had put on the tables at the wedding



And on my last day in Carmarthen we went out for a farewell meal.



All in all I had a very busy and exciting time in South West Wales. I think I need a bit of time to recover from all the excitement now.

Who knows where I'll end up next?