Tuesday 2 November 2010

A Very Bon Voyage

Where I've been I wasn't able to update my blog everyday so I'll have to let you all know what I've been up to all in one go :-)

16.10.10
Phew what a busy bear I have been! I arrived to stay with Emma and Alan and they seemed to be doing an awful lot of rushing about and putting clothes in cases. Then I got excited when I realised I was going on holiday with them. I was a bit curious when they said they hoped I had good sea legs.

We went for a long journey in the car and arrived in Southampton, which was very nice but a strange place to go on holiday. Emma said I should get a good night's sleep in the hotel as tomorrow would be very exciting.

17.10.10
Woke up quite early this morning and then came to a big building full of lots of people. I was given this cardand had to wait until the letter was called out. Then we walked down a long bendy tunnel and I found myself on an enormous ship.

The rooms here are called cabins and the beds are very comfy
the sun beds are lovely tooApparently we are going to the Canary Islands. I don't think I've been there before but it sounds nice.

19.10.10
When Emma asked if I fancied a Hurricane I said I didn't think that was a very good idea on a ship. Then she gave me this drink. Hic!
Ahh this is the life.
20.10.10

Well I never – there I was in the cabin having a little snooze while Emma and Alan were out and in comes this man and puts me up here
The cheek of it. Emma and Alan seemed to find it very amusing and said something about a cabin steward.

21.10.10
Today we got off the ship for the first time in a place called Madeira. It was raining a lot but I stayed nice and dry in Emma's bag. We went to a place where wicker things are made and I found this reindeer, which I thought was very clever.
22.10.10
We're in La Palma today and the sun is shining. It is very pretty. Here I am singing along with the local band.All that singing was thirsty work so I had a delicious pineapple juice. Yum!23.10.10
Another new place today – Gran Canaria. Blimey it's hot! I had a lie on the beach at Maspalomas (with sun screen of course)
24.10.10
Goooooood mooooorning Tenerife. Another hot day. I think I may be getting a tan. We had a lovely day at Puerto de la Cruz.
25.10.10
The ship is at sea today so I decided to have a rest – I need it after all the excitement of the past few days.

26.10.10
Today we sailed into Lisbon. It was touch and go getting under that bridge but we made it. We went on a trip to Cascais and Sintra, which were both very pretty. Here I am in Sintra
27.10.10
I was left on the ship today as Emma and Alan were going to a spa and didn't want me to get wet. They seemed very quiet and sleepy when they got back.

28.10.10
It is the last day of the cruise today so we had to pack everything away.
I am sad to be leaving the ship but I've had a lovely time.

Thank you for a smashing holiday, Emma and Alan. I've enjoyed my life on the ocean wave but now it's time for my next adventure...